Re: [ARSCLIST] Mercury co-founder Irving Green passes

While it wasn't released on CD, the Brahms Horn Trio (SR 90210) is again available on LP (see www.speakerscorner.de). I have the reissue at home, but haven't managed to listen to it yet.

Regards,
Ulrich Sieveking

Roger and Allison Kulp wrote:
Don Cox <doncox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: > 7. Philips reissued some Mercury Living Presence titles in the

ill-fated Golden Imports series. In the early CD era, some titles were
issued under the Philips label as part of compilations. The Mercury
Living Presence imprint was revived when my mother did the CD reissues
in the 1990's. For all the changing of hands since she had retired in
1964, many tapes were still around and many were in good shape. Where
they weren't, effective remedies could be taken with the titles that
were issued over that period (100+ CD's).

I bought them all, on the assumption that a complete release was not
likely to happen again.

Not all the LP material was released on CD, however. I have a Brahms
Horn Trio, for instance, on LP only. Regards