To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 07, 2006 9:19 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] DVD audio level

I've held back on this subject for a while , but cannot any longer.

Having maintained a 7 channel cable distributuion system for Syracuse
University for several years, I can state that it is not impossible to
maintain consistant audio and video levels between channels on a cable
system.

It all has to do with whether or not the engineering and infrastructure
be kept to a proper level of support. Modulation , deviation and RF
levels need to be made consistant with proper splitters, trunk amps,
hardline and drop cables properly maintained.
And none of this hardware lasts forever.

My two bits.

BH

When it isn't, everything goes to hades. Period.

tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 7/6/2006 7:14 PM >>>
well, they'll take NTSC out of my cold dead hands, so I'll be adjusting
the volume for the
foreseeable. Digital cable is the biggest ripoff going. Who wants 10
channels of each already
thinly-programmed cable "network"? Also, every system around here (our
own Suscom -- Suxcom -- and
Cablevision in Westchester and Time Warner in Manhattan) have awful
looking pictures coming out of
those digi-boxes. Pixellation, off-color, digital dropouts, etc. No
thanks!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard L. Hess" <arclists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>