Re: [ARSCLIST] eBay Listing : Rauland 1960 Tube Power Amp/PA Vintage 1950's

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Hodge" <rjhodge@xxxxxxx>
> I doubt very much that this amplifier uses components or tubes which
> cannot be replaced with modern replacements. Capacitors, resistors and,
> unless the tubes were specially designed for the output circuit,can
> easily be purchased for very reasonable prices. Dukane was known for
> designing circuits which used tubes specially designed and  built for
> them.
> Somehow I doubt Rauland would have done that. It's tough to read the
> rear panel of this amp, but I see 4 xlr connectors which would probably
> indicate 4 mic inputs. XLR's are typically(but not always) used for Mic
> inputs on most equipment of this type I've encountered.

You're probably correct in assuming the XLR's are inputs...the only other
early mike connectors are screw-on connectors which resemble coax
connectors,
hut seem to be equivalent to 1/4" phone connectors.

As far as components...I was thinking of tubes, as well as high-voltage
electrolytics. These often require replacement, and usually can't be
found at your local electronics emporium!

Hint: try music stores that repair guitar amps...those are often vacuum
tube devices running push-pull 6L6 power amplifiers...