Re: [ARSCLIST] Baking books?

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lennick" <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Thought this was going to be a similar situation to the episode of
"Cheers" where Sam dropped Diane's
> rare book in the bathtub and when dried, it looked like a chia pet.
Actually if anyone has an answer
> to this or to the related problem of musty record jackets and labels (a
problem I'm facing with
> records I've been buying from an estate, where there was a flooded
basement), let us know.

As I recall...a dilute solution of Clorox (or similar bleach) will both
kill the mould and remove the musty smell. I have no idea how this is
supposed to be applied...I've mainly seen it recommended for use in
musty luggage. Also. I think putting such items outdoors in direct
bright sunlight will work...?

...stevenc
http://users.interlinks.net/stevenc/