Re: [ARSCLIST] Archiving at double speed

See below...

<SNIP>

RP)   Once again, it's all relative.  I'm sure they use the same testing
procedures for *all* systems.  I know that this group has changed their
testing procedures in the past to make sure that the specific approach is as
unbiased as possible.  I believe they are re-doing one of those tests now...

I agree with the rest of your statements as they contextually discuss "oral
history".  The frequency response and necessity for "absolute fidelity" is
obviously less on voice (especially when the original quality is poor), than
with music.

You should always consider the source and the *use* of the material - and
other variables - when trying to make this decision.... And as you say:
today, SRC would be the last thing to worry about.

Cheers!

Rob