Re: [ARSCLIST] Billboard Charts

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lewis" <davlew@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> In the 1924 edition of the Rainbow Records catalogue, Homer Rodeheaver
> listed the top selling 20 records or so from the label. Judging from the
> frequency of certain surviving Rainbows versus the lack of it for others,
> think his list is pretty accurate. Of course, that's one person, reporting
> from data collected from his own sales records kept on his own label.
> Considerably different from what Billboard was trying to do.

Any way the pages of this could be scanned and made available? I have a
number of Rainbow records, including a 12" which may have been a private
recording...but have never seen, or heard of, a Rainbow CATALOG!

> The "Columbia D Series" discography does contain sales figures on many
1920s
> records.

Interestingly enough, what the ledgers contain is NOT the sales figures
for the records, but the number of labels ordered (and the sum of reorders
if any). This is probably fairly close to the sales numbers.

AFAIK, the Columbia D book was the only volume ever issued in what was
planned to be a series of discographic-list books...