Re: [ARSCLIST] MX5050 speed change

We tried extensivly to do that change but were told it is time consumeming and counter productive to do then have to change back and forth all the time. If it is something permanent or you have a whole lot of tapes to do I would suggest it. The manual should give you step by step instructions. Of course re-alignment etc will be in order. What we have done to keep workflow going is just to record into our DAW at 3 3/4 speed on 88.2 sampling rate . Then manually change the sample rate to 44.1 and there you have it.
John Loy

Ganesh.Irelan@xxxxxxxx wrote:

Someone mentioned using an Otari MX5050 recently. Has anyone done a speed conversion down to 1 7/8 ips with that machine? Is it possible?

Thanks,
Kevin