Re: [ARSCLIST] Stereo records.

RCA, even after it bought Victor, sourced many of its tubes from other vendors. You'll see tubes made in Holland and Germany, rebranded RCA. It came down to who had which tube type up and running on their lines. They didn't like switching over production from one type to another. And from what I understand of tube manufacturing, most all tube manufacturers in the USA bought their tube parts from Sylvania, especially cathode assemblies and grid wire. The manufacturing of the individual parts required much greater attention to detail than the assembly of the tubes.
Phillip
----- Original Message ----- From: "David Breneman" <david_breneman@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2006 1:02 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Stereo records.

--- Michael Shoshani <mshoshani@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You know what? I completely forgot about that. Did they include
radios? Or was  that left for a third party installation?

RCA provided the radios to Victor to install in the machines; but before RCA bought Victor, RCA didn't have much of any manufacturing capability to speak of. Most RCA-badged equipment was acutally manufactured by GE or Westinghouse and marketed be RCA.

Ironically, much like with the licensing arrangement with
Thompson today.

David Breneman david_breneman@xxxxxxxxx