To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 11:08 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Ampex 456 - Research

Tom,

Funny you should mention it (funding some tape-specific research).  I'm
working with Lars Meyers at Emory University to submit a research grant
applicaiton to NEH (major funder of Karl Haber's work on optical
playback of discs & cylinders).  Our precis was accepted and we were
invited to submit a complete proposal to do some hard science on SSS.
After some discussion in/around the ARSC Technical Committee, we've
decided to postpone the submission until after we have more input (from
Richard Hess and others).  There's a chance ARSC may be directly
involved in this endeavor, but we've barely begun discussions.

Stay tuned.

George Blood
Safe Sound Archive