To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 11:20 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] MicroCassette players

Of those of you who transfer tapes - what micro-cassette players are you using?

Also, has anyone come across a mini-cassette? Is it rim or capstan drive?

The reason I ask is I've been doing microcassettes in my Dragons by reloading the tape into a standard cassette shell. One archive found that unacceptable. Most private users are more than happy to have the tape repaired and transferred.

I certainly don't do enough microcassette work to justify a JBR.

Yes, I know the tape plays backwards and at 2x or 4x speed, but the transfers sound very good. Clients are pleased.

But, for the oddball request I'd like something better than a battery operated recorder.

I'm looking at the T2020 from Olympus that does both mini and micro, but I'm not sure it's the best choice as I'm not sure there is a good speed lock since it's designed for transcription and I see a varispeed slider.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Cheers,

Richard