Re: [ARSCLIST] Stereo records.

On Thursday 15 June 2006 14.14, steven c wrote:

> At a guess, I'd say radio...in particular, FM radio, which was stereo from
> (when?).

In theory, from the very beginning, although in practice from probably 1960,
give or take three years.  Armstrong gave an FM multiplexing demonstration in
1933 or 34 that mixed a signal from NBC Red Network, one from NBC Blue
Network, a facsimile front page of The New York Times, and one other thing I
can't recall offhand - all on the same carrier wave.

MS