Re: [ARSCLIST] Bluegrass repository?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Richter" <mrichter@xxxxxxx>
> Looking into an old folder, I came across a flyer and tapes I had
> recorded thirty years ago. The event was the "Fiddling and Bluegrass
> Convention" in Huntsville, AL on 17 and 18 September 1976.
>
> Now, I knew then and know now nothing about Bluegrass. Some of the
> senior participants were clearly well-known names to the audience, but I
> was there only to check out my brand-new (I'd say shiny, but it was
> black) Nakamichi 550. I checked with one of the organizers who said it
> was fine to record, so I set up the deck with a couple of reasonably
> good tapes and caught six or eight hours of the proceedings.
>
> My question is simple enough: is there a repository somewhere where they
> will find a home or should I just pitch them out? More generally, is
> there a way systematically to find a home for such orphans in other
fields?

First, I'd be interested in them (or copies thereof).

Second, I would suspect there must be institutional interest, though...
who could put the originals in some sort of publicly-accessible archive
(which I couldn't, at least so far!). Possibly the Country Music Hall
Of Fame (though not all I've heard about them lately has been positive)
or whomever looks after the archiving of folk-music performances?