Re: [ARSCLIST] Vanguard Classics reappears in 2 cd sets

It's funny you picked on GM, because they're idiots. I'm a bit of a "car nut" and they've done just about everything they can to put themselves out of business (Perhaps Sony and GM could merge). I saw a commercial the other day touting their fantastic designs of the past and then showing their new products. My wife and I looked at each other and laughed out backsides off. So you show me a '57 Chevy and some POS you make now and that's supposed to make me feel good about your product? Amazing. They did it over and over showing world class designs from years ago and their new crap. Anyway, why I'm saying this is: they must've let the ad agency come up with the historic footage. Otherwise, where did it come from?
I offer apologies for going so far off topic.
Phillip
PS: I drive a Chevy truck, which has a very good drivetrain. Problem is, the radio broke 3 times--good riddance to Delco. I'm a "buy American" guy, but they're not doing a very good job of coming up with anything my wife wants (she who is dominated by style points instead of specs).
----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Fine" I ping'd GM's investor
relations and offered to GIVE them a digi-copy for their archives. They replied there IS NO ARCHIVES. What could be more valuable to a company that makes its bread from advertising a somewhat generic product -- where the main point of difference is marketing -- than an archive of marketing so today's attention-challenged marketers might learn from past successes and mistakes? But, alas, very few companies have any corporate archives. One big exception is Coca-Cola, BTW, which has a paid corporate historian. If GM does have an archive or a historian and the investor relations people -- to whom most random e-mails are funneled -- do not know about it, then that's totally dysfunctional.