Re: [ARSCLIST] sacd / cd

I did not know that. I understand that Thompson bought out Tele and basically destroyed the company.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dale francis" <dallen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, June 11, 2006 2:34 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] sacd / cd

On Jun 11, 2006, at 9:29 AM, phillip holmes wrote:

It's a good thing CD was co-developed with Philips, or it'd probably have failed

they were not the original standard,
telefunken's proposal was approved as the industry standard.
sony and phillips then pressured the powers that be to approve their compromise standard.
money talks!

dale
Dale A. Francis, Owner/Engineer
Long Run Audio :: Athens, Ohio