Re: [ARSCLIST] Mention of "Zaidee Townsend Stewart" in early classical music discography?

Jon Noring wrote:
Besides enjoying listening to early jazz, another hobby of mine is
genealogy.

In tracing back my wife's family, I discovered a distant cousin of
hers who, in the early 1900's, was a fairly accomplished operatic-
style singer in Philadelphia. In the Philadelphia area newspapers of
that era there is periodic mention of her and her performances --
though she probably was not nationally or internationally famous,
she was obviously well-known in Philadelphia.

No listing in K&R (Grosses Saengerlexikon) under either name. Nor do I see her in any other relevant reference of the time (e.g., Moses - but she'd have had to be red label to show up there). Nothing shows up in Edison DD or cylinders either.

Sorry.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx