Re: [ARSCLIST] S-S-S and tape baking

In a message dated 6/4/2006 1:19:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
loujudson@xxxxxxx writes:
By the way, the previous post that mentioned 60C - isn't that 140
degree Fahrentheit? I think 130 is a lot safer, 54.6 C or something
like that. 140 is too hot for audio tapes, I believe...

60c is marginal. I did see some warpage of white leader that was loose on the
reel and it may have changed the "set" of 1.5 mil mylar near the center of
the reel.

I used the dehydrator as-is because I hoped that this would be a one-time
incident. I have a laboratory oven that I plan to add a precision temperature
control to for some reel-to-reel videotape I plan to process "someday".

Mike Csontos