Re: [ARSCLIST] transcription turntable

Hello Connie,

See below.

--- Connie Jones <business_media@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Please excuse cross posting:
>
> I sent this a few days ago and wondered if anyone
> would have any ideas about
> the following links that offer 16 inch platters.
> What follows is my original
> post:
>
> Would anyone out their be willing to help me with
> information about the
> purchase of a 16 inch transcription turntable? Does
> anyone have one? What
> brands would be suggested? Thank you for any
> information.
>
> And an answer  I sent to a response I received:
>
> We have a few hundred of that size disks in our
> collection so the idea of
> farming it out is unfeasible.
>
> Would you be able to tell me of the poor substitutes
> out there are there any
> less poor? Here are some I have found on a search
> out there:
>
>  <http://www.garage-a-records.com/1aten.html>
> http://www.garage-a-records.com/1aten.html
When I went to work for Family Theater quite a few
years ago, we bought our first 16" capable Esoteric
turntable from the Garage-a-Records (loved the name
just to start with) and found that they were very
helpful from the beginning.  As a result, we bought
two from them and have been using them happily for
more more than five year for all of our disk transfer
work.  If you talk to them, you'll find them very
helpful and friendly.  When I thought I might have a
stylus problem (it was the disk, actually), they sent
me a replacement free of charge.

Rod Stephens
Family Theater Productions

<snip>