Re: [ARSCLIST] Orphan works.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Hodge" <rjhodge@xxxxxxx>
> HUZZAH !
> A good start.

Actually, given the attitudes of the RRIA and its members, I'm
rather surprised that they didn't decree that in the case of
"orphan works" (like my thousand or so Grey Gull discs) royalties
and charges for use shell be paid to the RRIA (CRIA in Canada)
who shall distribute such funds as they deem appropriate...

Why, there may be thousands of evildoers...possibly terrorists...
who are currently trying to obtain downloads of "Since Willy Got
a Whippet" without paying a single cent for the privilege!

Steven C. Barr
(tongue fixed firmly in cheek...)