From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Nancy Seeger
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 1:23 PM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Contact list; was - CBC representative to ARSC-

Hi Dave (and list members),

I was responsible for putting together the workshop registrants list and
I have a question for anyone who cares to comment. I assumed that people
would not wish to have their email addresses included on the list
without giving permission to do so.  Is this generally not the case? Is
it common practice to include email addresses on such lists? Any
comments are welcome for those of us who plan such events. Thanks.

Nancy J. Seeger
Senior Sound Recordings Cataloger
Library of Congress
Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Divison
Recorded Sound Section
Washington, D.C.  20540-4698
202-707-5494
Fax: 202-707-8464
nsee@xxxxxxx

>>> davenolanaudio@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 05/23/06 12:30 PM >>>
I had a great time at the conference as well - lots of great info in all

the sessions I was at, and as Marie said, the late-nights in the pub
under
the hotel were great fun - both with shop-talk and just getting to know
people...

As for the contact list, I was surprised to see that the page we were
given
at the pre-conference workshop did not include e-mail addresses - just
names and which institution you were from...  Glad I got folks cards
when I
did...

dave nolan
92nd St. Y
nyc

On Tue, 23 May 2006 01:29:58 -0400, Peter Hirsch <punto@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I, too, was wishing for a contact list. The Wednesday pre-conference
workshop did have one and I assumed that I just didn't get my list for
the
conference itself through the same snafu that spelled my name "Hirch" on
my
nametag.