Re: [ARSCLIST] Tapes for free

I just love finding something new. For me, music is an addiction that has to be fed. My tastes are so broad, from acoustic to modern, and across every genre, that I could fill several houses with software. I thought about going back to school (I have a vocal performance degree) and doing the library thing, but it seems as if the dumbing down of America is affecting library staffing priorities and funding. I don't think I could find a job. I know that 95% of you guys do this out of love for the work (I pity the 5% who thought they were going to get rich and retire early).
Phillip
----- Original Message ----- From: "steven c"
I always enjoyed listening to various used reel-to-reel or cassette
tapes I could pick up cheaply...just to see what the previous owners
had thought was worth preserving (the same thing applies to old home
recordings of the 78 era!). I think the oddest one was audibly a
tape made while somebody had been...well..."being fruitful and
multiplying!" Always wondered if the original owner(s) had taped
themselves or whom...

Never found any old "airchecks," though...which was what I was
hoping for...