[ARSCLIST] monitoring headphones

At 12:00 AM 5/11/2006, you wrote:

I need to change the headphones we are using at the archive, and I hope I can tap the collective wisdom of the list, which model did you find more suitable to monitor transfers from analog to digital and limited sound cleaning (for listening purposes, not CD reissues).
Thanks for any tip

Francesco, I still use my Sony MDR-V6 headphones for really close-in listening for ticks, pops and other non-musical noises. They tend to be a little "bright," which makes them tedious for enjoying music, but perfect for finding noises. BuyRite has them for less than US$70:

http://buyriteelectronics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=MDRV6

Hope this helps!

Al Q.
Producer, Sony BMG Legacy