Re: [ARSCLIST] Triage, heroic efforts, and economics

I wonder if Richard really wants to "field" that one.

Rod Stephens

steven c wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard L. Hess" <arclists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

It seems as if I have become a magnet for hard-to-restore tapes -- which I don't mind, it adds to the challenge of the job. Also, I believe what may be hard-to-restore now may become easier-to-restore if proper procedures and protocols are developed and promulgated.

<snip> Hmm-m-m-m...

If you're a "magnet for...tapes," wouldn't you erase any with which
you came into contact...?!
:-)