Re: [ARSCLIST] Recording bagpipes (was:portable sound recording devices)

I was on tour for years with a company that included uilleann pipes, which I believe are not as loud as the Scottish type --so the following may not apply. But just in case it helps, I will say that my favourite mics for this purpose were probably the tiny, omni and amazing Crown GLM-100 (two of them, clipped close to the drone/chanter), or two Shure KSM-32s a few feet away, always pointed at angles to the wind "columns".

Marcos