Re: [ARSCLIST] Which U.S. Orchestra Recorded First?

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006, Steven Smolian wrote:

> Probably the NY Phil O stuff from 1922, much of which is in one of their big
> CD boxes.

And which is so remarkable to hear.

I am also reminded of those wonderful tranfers Steven did for the
Philharmonic. As I recall, many of which were included as intermission
features in their broadcasts...most of which I taped.

Last night I was listening to Mitropoulos conduct the Carter Holiday
Overture...was that one of your transfers Steven?

Karl