Re: [ARSCLIST] How many of us in unions? Poor sounding concert halls.

I was wondering how many of us are in Unions? I'm an IATSE member, but most of my studio work is not through them, most of it being non-profit agency work at below union scale, which is usually OK due the joy of preservation aspect of the work. I do get theatrical and event work through IATSE and then I'm very well taken care of. If I had a more fulltime staff position here, it would probably be through ACSFME. Is it our love for the work or the small size of the  business that keeps us from unions?

--
>Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
>Mastering, Audio for Picture, Mix Evaluation and Quality Control
>Over 40 years making people sound better than they ever imagined!
>615.385.8051    http://www.hyperback.com

Robert Wasserman
Rawasserman@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sound Archives Proj. Asst.