Re: [ARSCLIST] Poor sounding concert halls.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lou Judson" <loujudson@xxxxxxx>
> Hmmm, interesting proposition - but do actors cost more or less than
> musicians? It has always seemed to me that acting takes less talent and
> skill than playing muscial instruments (especially in larger
> professional organizations such as symphomies) and yet the good or
> famous actors demand more pay.
> Imagine the headaches getting actors to accurately pretend to play
> their specific parts. Remember old lovies where they wiggle thier hands
> over a piano when it is obvious they can't play!

It's called "lip sync'ing" (since modern music centres on vocals)
and is common practice these days when bands appear on film, tv, usw.,
if only to make sure that their hit sounds EXACTLY like the recorded
version, which is what the fans expect. As well, it was common practice
as far back as the twenties...used to make the vocalists look useful
when they weren't singing, they would be given instruments and told
NEVER to try to play them...or instruments that, if played, wouldn't
make any noise.

However, Sousa would probably rise from his grave...

...stevenc
http://users.interlinks.net/stevenc/