Re: [ARSCLIST] Curved walls in recording studio

recording .org has a lot of forums and references on this issue. It is hard to tell from your drawing but curves are generally very bad for sound (think of lens for light) Your drawing however looks like a sharp angle very good for recording rooms as long as it is a considerable ammount larger than 90 degrees. I am not an acoustician but dabble in it as a little hobby. Generally angles less than 90 degrees can be a problem. Of course it can be fixed with enough auralex if you have the budget. But that is not the best way to go about it and does not get the greatest results. Good Luck!
John

Language Laboratories and Archives wrote:

The Language Labs and Archives at the University of Chicago is undergoing major changes. One of the results of the latest floor plan is a recording studio (which can double as a class room/conference room!) with a curved wall: let's see if I can draw an approximation:

x x x x x x xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I don't think this is a good idea. If I am right, I need some support. If I am wrong, I will shut up.

If this is not the right forum, could someone direct me to sources that can help?

Many Thanx,

Barbara

Barbara Need
Manager (SS4), Computer Support, Archivist