From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bridavsky, Michael G
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 12:42 PM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] scotch 227

I am also using a Fisher Scientific incubator oven. The tape has been
baked three times in the past 2 weeks at 133 F for 9 hrs each time with
no noticeable improvement.

I am considering let it sit for a month or so, and rebaking it for a
longer period of time as suggested.

If that doesn't work I will try to use isopropyl alchohol which
admittedly makes me a little nervous...

Ive baked probably close to 30-40 reels of 226 and they have all played
back fine after the first 9 hr bake. I wonder why the 227 is being so
stubborn.

Thanks for your help!
mike

Michael Bridavsky