Re: [ARSCLIST] Microboards Copywriter Live

I have contacted the company, and they are quite vague as to specs, so no telling how great the audio quality is - I would happily use it for duplication master, as long as there is a hard drive backup. There is no other CD recorder that will automatically go to the next disc, without using two and doing it manually.

I would imagine it is a competent recorder, but I would only consider it appropriate for onsite duplication masters or listening copies when there is a definite quality backup. It only take one bump while recording to spoil a live CD, and if you want track IDs you have to do it on the fly and live with your (operator's) mistakes.

Given the above, I'd consider it quite useful but not master quality. Better than cassettes though!

This is from one who regularly records conferences and seminars, not an archivist really, but very familiar with live recording. Recent experience has been with Compact Flash recorders, where you can pop out the chip and put it in a computer to mark tracks, make safety copies, and burn CDs from there. Extra stpe, fo r sure, but more flexibility plus as soon as it goes in the computer you can make safeties that won't get spoiled in the duplication process (possible if not very likely).

But sorry, no direct experience!

<L>

Lou Judson • Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689