Re: [ARSCLIST] The waltz (was Which U.S. orchestra recorded first and Arthur Fiedler)

I have no idea. The notes accompanying that Haydn volume will have discussed it overcompleately.

Steve Smolian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Karl Miller" <lyaa071@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 4:28 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] The waltz (was Which U.S. orchestra recorded first and Arthur Fiedler)

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006, Steven Smolian wrote:

As to Haydn's ornaments, ahhh, but we do. His musical clock pieces were
pinned according to the performance practice of the time. I was perpherally
involved in the preparation of the volume devoted to these pieces in the
Haydn Gesamtausgabe with (senior moment) who edited it.

Ahhh...but did that include THE Haydn ornament...an ornament used, as far as I recall, only by Haydn? He asked musicologically speaking...

I used to remember what it looked like...I had nightmares about it.

Karl

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.385 / Virus Database: 268.3.3/296 - Release Date: 3/29/2006