Re: [ARSCLIST] hometown libraries (was Zits cartoon strip)

I used that NY Times index in some final research for my book. It picked up a few brief entries on Dalhart that I had missed, but it also missed a few, one of which I considered very important. Luckily I had spent several years reading microfilm of the NT Times and had found that one earlier. So the index isn't perfect and I guess we couldn't expect it to be. Jack

----- Original Message ----- From: "Karl Miller" <lyaa071@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 3:12 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] hometown libraries (was Zits cartoon strip)

. And speaking
of the NY Times...for me, one of the best things our library offers isn't
the coffee shop, but the online, text searchable, file of the NY Times for
its entire history.

It gives you a PDF of the article. It is amazing to me. No more searching
in the Times index, no more going to the shelf to pull the right roll of
microfilm, no more taking the microfilm to the microfilm reader and then
to the microfilm printer (and paying for the copy)...and best of all, I
can get it all from home.

Karl