[ARSCLIST] The waltz (was Which U.S. orchestra recorded first and Arthur Fiedler)

  Mike Richter wrote that Steve Smolian had written that "Stock" claimed he
had spent time in Vienna learning how to perform the waltz, but had flunked.

  Does that mean Frederick Stock? And where did Steve write that? I don't
recall it from the CRC article that was the topic of discussion, but I should
have re-read it to make sure before writing this.

  That said, I must say that Stock's CSO recordings of Strauss lead me to
agree with Steve. Both the acoustical and electrical ones.

  Don Tait