Re: [ARSCLIST] styrofoam chips et al, was Re: [ARSCLIST] Zits cartoon strip

At 10:38 PM 3/24/2006, David Lennick wrote:
Roger and Allison Kulp wrote:

I like bubble wrap better.

I wish some of the dealers who swear by styrofoam chips would receive 4 boxes in the same
day filled with these things which have all picked up static charges in transit and have to deal
with trying to get the damn things out of the record sleeves.

I have the same issue with incoming tape boxes and equipment. It's a losing battle with ePay sellers.

I have found two very useful accessories in dealing with the peanuts:
(1) my 11-year old son
(2) a vacuum cleaner. The last shipment cost me a bag for the Kenmore Cannister vac and was
well worth it.
I grab these vacs off Freecycle and have them at "point of use."

On http://www.richardhess.com/tape/contact.htm I say

(3) Please do not use plastic/styrofoam peanuts: it's bad for the tapes (they generate static) and they fly all over the place when the boxes are opened. Please use bubble wrap or other similar padding such as flexible foam sheets. Please do not use any packing material that creates dust like shredded paper.

Tape Restoration Seminar: MAY 9-12, 2006; details at Web site.