Re: [ARSCLIST] Quarter-inch splicing tabs

----- Original Message -----
From: "Karl Miller" <lyaa071@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Indeed, I do feel like I am cheating today. It also makes me appreciate
> all that much more the craft of those engineers of the past. At times I
> think that as the technology improved, the number of edits increased...
> Karl (feeling old at just 58)

Well, if you're 58, you're just six years younger than I am...and I can
remember when "a record" meant a shellac 78! Of course, as a youngster I
had no idea how they were recorded. By the time I had any contact with
editing tape (Broadcasting courses) we used regular quarter-inch tape...
two-track, as I recall, for the student carrier-current station. We also
used a few "carts" but never touched the tape in them...

Back then, the only thing "digital" was the clock in the studio...