[ARSCLIST] Quality Mini Disc Players?

A majority of the oral history recordings we have received in the last 5-6 years are on mini-disc. Our current system of duplication involves connecting a portable Sony MD recorder via 1/8 inch/RCA cable into a CD player. This system appears to have been a financial neccessity when this process first began (I'm relatively new & didn't set it up) but is woefully inadequate in terms of capturing optimal sound (at least in my estimation).

Can anyone recommend a quality, professional mini-disc player? or make other recommendations on working with mini-discs?

Thanks,

Katie McCormick
Reference Archivist &
Coordinator for the Oral History Program
Special Collections Dept., J. Murrey Atkins Library
UNC - Charlotte