Re: [ARSCLIST] Question about Reel to Reel preservation

Steph
Sorry I don't have time at the moment to answer all of your questions. However, and I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong, I wanted to tell you quickly that you shouldn't bake acetate open reel tapes.
John

Hello,
I'm undertaking some research on how to preserve and what it would take to make new digital recordings from the original ¼" reel-to-reel acetate recordings from the 1950s-60s, so we can have the recording accessible to research. Does anyone have a reference for me to go to for steps?
Does anyone know the where I can get the machines for the baking process and to play the reels?
Thanks much in advance for any references and information you have.

Yahoo! Travel
Find great deals to the top 10 hottest destinations!