[ARSCLIST] Acoustic vs real instruments, was Quarter-inch splicing tabs

Yeah, but a fine player can get a LOT more out of wood and steel in the way of expression and nuance. I do a lot of live music and electric keyboards are never as real as a well played and well mic'd piano. One genius-level professional performer I work with will bring only the synth for organ parts when there is a real piano in the room. The electric piano is only for touring... and she is in her thirties too.

Business week is not about music, only profit... (as far as I can see, only having read it abotu twice). Plus people who would rather use canned pianos instead of hiring a player have their own agenda. They can sound better, but rarely are played better.

I'll believe this is truth when I see a classical piano performance using an electric keyboard.

<L>

Lou Judson • Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689