Re: [ARSCLIST] 120 minute tapes

Is the leader loose from the tape or is the tape brokenn? This is a comon problem and a regular repair for anyone copying cassettes to CDs professionaly. Some on this list do that work, myself included.

Steve Smolian

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Loy" <jloy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2006 2:35 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] 120 minute tapes

I have a 120 minute cassette tape that simply will not play in any cassette player we have because the tape doesn't move inside the machine. I have already swithched out the shell twice and some other unorthodox tricks I am interested in seeing what kind of ideas everyone here may have I can try to get this thing to play. Of course as luck would have it it is a one of a kind with no available copy. All replies are appreciated.
John A. Loy
UNC-CH
Southern Folklife Collection

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.375 / Virus Database: 268.2.1/278 - Release Date: 3/9/2006