Re: [ARSCLIST] The Future of RECORD Collecting - Pressing plants

And she'd have a heck of a time getting them pressed if she's burning something from a CD, illegally. Her best bet would be to buy a Vestax's VRX-2000:
http://www.engadget.com/2005/05/21/vestaxs-vrx-2000-lets-you-burn-classic-wax-dude/
----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom" <tomd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 1:13 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] The Future of RECORD Collecting - Pressing plants

I was buying something at Radio Shack the other day and the woman
salesperson noticed my check said Arhoolie Records. She said she was a DJ
and ask if I knew of any LP pressing equipment she could buy.

It seems her fellow DJs wanted to press LPs of music that is only available
on CD so they could scratch it, and what ever, on their turntables. I
started to explain the whole process of mastering, plating, etc and got her
totally confused.

Tom Diamant