Re: [ARSCLIST] Boston Area Sports Sound Collectors

Have you tried the relevant college radio stations? I can't remember if Northeastern has a radio station, but BU, BC and Harvard all do. Respectively, they are WBUR, WZBC and WHRB, all FM. I believe that BU also had a student-run station broadcasting to the campus. WHRB regularly broadcast Harvard's hockey games. The final may have also been on local television.

Matthew Barton
American Folklife Center
The Library of Congress
101 Independence Ave., SE
Washington, DC 20540-4610
phone: (202) 707-1733
fax: (202) 707-2076
email: mbarton@xxxxxxx
AFTER 11/12/05:
Matthew Barton
P.O. Box 1924
Hoboken, NJ 07030
201-798-4941
sndtrackng@xxxxxxx
>>> nlavon@xxxxxxxxxxx 03/06/06 3:53 PM >>>
I am looking for recordings (if any exist) of the radio broadcasts of old Boston-area Beanpot ice hockey tournaments. Specifically, the 1980 tournament.

If anyone knows of any Boston-area audio sports collectors who might possibly have such items, I would greatly appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Neal Lavon
Voice of America
Washington, D.C.