Re: [ARSCLIST] Cassette obsolescence - digitizing standards

At 06:49 PM 2/20/2006, Tom Fine wrote:
Hi Richard:

I very much agree with you about cassettes and high end.

Thanks!

Hey, this is pretty far off-topic, but as an aside, WKCR-FM (www.wkcr.org) is now in the middle of a multi-hour Ray Barretto memorial marathon. Tons of great stuff and they're playing real vinyl. So nice to hear scratched but not shot records over the air (in other words, these records have been PLAYED and enjoyed but not destroyed). I'm also highly impressed with their RealAudio stream. I will have to listen to them more often!

I'm not surprised...good to know my parents' alma mater is getting it right <smile>.

Cheers,

Richard

Tape Restoration Seminar: MAY 9-12, 2006; details at Web site.