Re: [ARSCLIST] Best source for LP paper sleeves and plain white jackets?

David Lennick wrote:

Matt Sohn wrote:

Hi All:

What's the best-value (ie lowest-cost) source for plain white paper LP

sleeves and white jackets

with center holes in the USA? Bags Unlimited is somewhat pricey, but maybe

that's the going rate

these days? Looking to buy 100-200 white paper sleeves and 50 or so white

jackets.

-- Tom Fine

I've been using the acid-free paper sleeves from Sleeve City
http://www.sleevetown.com/lp-sleeves-inner.shtml
$25.95/100
$109.95/500
They have cheaper paper sleeves as well.

-Matt Sohn

Any chance they could be persuaded to make cheap 16-inch sleeves? I know acid-free is wonderful, but I have a few thousand transcriptions of the vinyl variety which just need covering. I bet if a company offered to produce 25-cent sleeves for a minimum order of ten thousand, we could cover that order in two minutes. I'd take two thousand tomorrow. And Bags Unlimited won't do it....I've tried to talk them into it several times.

dl

If you're looking for 16" transcription sleeves, you might want to take a look at:

http://www.gaylordmart.com/adblock.asp?abid=143&sid=2D3703BD44D84CDF984D6C00CD469D&search_by=desc&search_for=sleeve

Not cheap -- more than $1 each, but they are acid free. The other downside is that there is no center hole cut out in the middle of them, so the record labels are not visible.

Best,

Bob Conrad
Fort Lee, NJ