Re: [ARSCLIST] Fw: Fw: [ARSCLIST] Dynagroove, was Record tracking

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006, phillip holmes wrote:

> With permission from Stan Ricker:

I have several of the commerically issued reel to reel tapes from the
dynagroove era. They seem to suffer from the same distortion problems I
found on the discs...or is that just a problem with my ears...

As I write this, I don't recall having heard any CD releases of the
dynagroove recordings. If the master tapes were ok, are the transfers
good?

One of my favorite BSO recordings from that time was the DelloJoio Fantasy
and Variations. After several copies of the disc and reel to reel tapes, I
gave up and now listen to concert broadcast tape I have.

Karl