<L>

Lou Judson • Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689

On Feb 10, 2006, at 3:18 AM, Tom Fine wrote:

Judging from how many copies of OTR programs are circulating out there, I think most stations transcribed most programs and many others down the line made line-checks (now learning the right terms thanks to this list). So, bottom line, it was possible but maybe not plausible. If it was a major market station, they'd have several disk recorders, so possible they made 2 transcriptions at once or made a copy for the person in your book. I imagine you'd need connections at the station and a roll of bills to get that done back then since the process would take the time of a station engineer and was thus costly.

-- Tom Fine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lou Judson" <loujudson@xxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 12:55 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] "Aircheck" history

Slightly off the topic but this must be the place to ask this - Listening to an audiobook drama recently, in the story there was a live concert broadcast on a major NYC radio station in 1939. Someone (the private eye, star etc.) missed part of it and someone called the station and was able to get a copy of the program - the same day. Would this have been possible then? Wouldn't it have had to be the original transcription disc, if any were made? It is a work of fiction so this is more fact-checking than actual history, but could that have happened in 1939?

Thanks,

<L>

Lou Judson • Intuitive Audio