Re: [ARSCLIST] DAT libraries and issues

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006, Alyssa Ryvers wrote:

> The majority of the problems I have encountered with DAT tapes had to
> do with alignment of the heads on the DAT machine - the alignment is
> unforgiving.

Which is why I keep the cover to my DAT machines unscrewed and keep a
small screwdriver handy to adjust the alignment.

As for the dropout, I have encountered it more frequently with digital
recordings on the VHS and BETA format. In my experience, they are towards
the top of my list of unstable formats.

Karl