Re: [ARSCLIST] Camera and camera stand to capture LP covers?

In a message dated 2/6/2006 9:41:30 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
joel.br@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Dear  friends:

I'm likely going to be researching commercial recordings at  institutions
where there there won't be a scanner available to capture the  cover
artwork. Has anyone successfully used a digital camera and  lightweight
portable camera stand to capture decent quality pictures of LP  jackets (and
CD booklets) and accompanying documentation? Any suggestions  on cameras,
stands, technique etc. would be welcome. I will likely have to  move
quickly, in other words, setting up for 15 minutes per perfect shot  is not
feasible.

Thanks,

Joel

Every time I've tried doing it with my camera, the resulting image is never
square. The image distorts when you get that close to it.

Cary  Ginell
Origin Jazz  Library
www.originjazz.com