To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: February 06, 2006 7:30 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Camera and camera stand to capture LP covers?

Dear friends:

I'm likely going to be researching commercial recordings at institutions where there there won't be a scanner available to capture the cover artwork. Has anyone successfully used a digital camera and lightweight portable camera stand to capture decent quality pictures of LP jackets (and CD booklets) and accompanying documentation? Any suggestions on cameras, stands, technique etc. would be welcome. I will likely have to move quickly, in other words, setting up for 15 minutes per perfect shot is not feasible.

Thanks,

Joel

Joel Bresler
250 E. Emerson Rd.