[ARSCLIST] Seeking Recordings of Pastor G. Campbell Morgan

All,

This is perhaps a bit off-base for this list, but I thought I'd give it a go...

I am posting this on behalf of a client, in the off chance that somebody on the list might be aware of the whereabouts of two recordings of sermons done by the late G. Campbell Morgan, who was a well renowned pastor during the turn of the century (B. 1863 - D.1945). He served in both England and the U.S., and apparently travelled quite a bit for various speaking engagements.

We have received some very poor audio cassette copies of the original recordings, for which the heirs of Mr. Morgan have been unable to locate the masters of.

There are two sermons, one titled " The Spirit of God", the second titled "The Emprise of Christ". No dates are available for either sermon. Based on what I can determine, I believe that these were from transcription disks, but they could be wire recordings (although it's rather early for commercially available machines). They could have been done in England, perhaps at Westminster, where he served as pastor.

If anyone might have any leads on the original source material for these recordings, please contact me off-list. (Yes, the heirs have already tried a number of churches and other institutions, with no luck).

Thank You,

Scott D. Smith

Chicago Audio Works, Inc.
Chicago, IL