Re: [ARSCLIST] DAT libraries and issues

>>I've used the Panasonic 3800's myself with good success. I'm not crazy
>>about the converters, but then, I don't use them normally. They have
>>also proven to be easy to find service and parts for. I also have a very
>>low hour Sony TCD-D10 PROII portable DAT (very substantially made) that
>>seems to play anything I have thrown at it and is very gentle.

The Sony R-500 seemds to be the most tolerant of component DATs that I have
found. The D-10 is also very nice, but I have found tapes that won't play
well in the r-500, that willl play in an SV-3800 as well, so go figure..

>anyone willing to mention competent DAT repair places,

>>I have great hopes for Ontario Audio Video Service in Brampton. They are
>>the factory authorized repair shop for about 30 brands. In Southern
>>California is TAP Electronics.

I have been very happy with the services of Paul Plotkin at Pro Digital in
Broomall, Pa.

http://www.prodigitalinc.com/

He is the repairman of choice for the DAT taping community.

-Matt Sohn