Re: [ARSCLIST] F1 difficulties

Tom Fine wrote:
Mike:

Why can't you make a master DVD transfer and then just copy it in the computer using Roxio or any other disc copier. I think as long as you don't include some copy protection scheme, the disc will mount and copy just fine.

-- Tom Fine

As I said, standalone recorders have a nasty habit of being not quite compliant with the standard. Different devices - DVD-ROM applications and set-top boxes - are differently sensitive to that and may refuse to read, read incorrectly or read the wrong track. Fortunately, DVDShrink is quite tolerant of TOC faults and builds a new one as needed.

As far as I can determine, the Panasonic recorder is compliant, but for safety's sake, I use DVDShrink which I know makes a good directory. In effect, that creates the master. I may then copy it in the computer or the standalone duplicator or if I know more copies will be needed, I usually use the files left by DVDShrink to make the additional copies (two at a time with Nero).

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/